Saturday, August 18, 2007

Now weekly

One of the nice things about working with Erik Grove was that he let me have a lot of say in how the characters looked, to the extent that he would sometimes go back and change the characters personality based on my art (he made a character, the Constable, more 19th century English-y after seeing my designs.)

Tomorrow Girl there was more back and forth, he was fine with me making her Hispanic but didn't think I went retro-Barbarella enough. This sketch is me trying to play up those aspects a bit-more revealing costume, a more sci-fi backdrop. Of course, it's a mess. The scanner made everything muddier then it was in the sketch, what she's staring at is an awkward looking giant hand I cropped out.

It still has me thinking that I would like to do more with this character, a weekly comic in color, mostly to get me practicing after a month of waiting for school and this other (possible) project to start.